en

oing home.Sundhage used the same tactic in a semoing home.Sundhage used the same tactic in a sem | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
fxda234
fxda234 Jun 19
FLORHAM PARK, N. Ish Smith Jersey .J. -- The Jets gave Ryan Fitzpatrick a one-year, $12 million contract in July, yet they could be on the verge of benching him for a second time.?Nevertheless, general manager Mike Maccagnan claimed hes not second-guessing the decision to re-sign Fitzpatrick after a contract stalemate that dominated the offseason.No, I have no regrets about bringing Ryan back, Maccagnan said Wednesday, speaking to reporters for the first time since training camp.Fitzpatrick, coming off a career year in which he set the franchise record with 31 touchdown passes, was benched after a 1-5 start. He got the starting job back because Geno Smith suffered a season-ending knee injury.Now, Fitzpatricks status is again up in the air.He sat out Sunday with a mild knee sprain, as Bryce Petty made his first NFL start -- a 9-6 loss to the Rams.Coach Todd Bowles has declined to name a starter, saying he will make that announcement Monday, when the Jets (3-7) return from their bye week. Its conceivable that Fitzpatrick, who has a league-high 13 interceptions, could be sent to the bench again.Maccagnan defended the decision to re-sign him Wednesday.?I think going into it, we felt very good about the season Ryan had previously, he said. I have no regrets from that standpoint.Of course, I think everybody, and Ryan included, would probably say he holds himself to a fairly high standard. Im sure there are aspects that he would like to ... we all would like to have better success on the field as a team. But from the standpoint of bringing Ryan back, no, I dont have regrets on that.Maccagnan declined to comment on the looming quarterback decision, saying Bowles has the final say. The GM said his role is limited to consulting with the head coach.From my standpoint, you like to see young players play, but you also want to make sure theyre ready for that, he said, alluding to Petty. To me, its a more complicated decision than some people realize.With the team out of playoff contention, fans and media are calling for Petty to start. The former fourth-round pick could emerge as the 2017 starter if he plays well down the stretch, but Bowles has said he will start the player that gives the Jets the best chance to win.Fitzpatrick and Smith will be free agents this offseason, leaving Petty and rookie Christian Hackenberg as the only Jets QBs under contract for 2017.Its the biggest question surrounding the team.Its not necessarily unnerving, Maccagnan said. We feel good. We have two young quarterbacks to work with and grow and develop, and well see how we address this going forward. Joe Smith Pistons Jersey . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . Ben Wallace Jersey . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. http://www.basketballpistonsonline.us/allen-iverson-pistons-jersey/ . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Megan Rapinoe, one of U.S. womens most senior soccer players, has criticized Hope Solos disparaging comments about Sweden following the Americans early departure from the Rio Olympics.Solo called the Swedes a bunch of cowards for focusing on defense rather than attacking the three-time defending champion U.S. team.Rapinoe told NBC Sports on Thursday she was really disappointed about Solos comments.Lets inspire, lets be badass, lets be fierce, lets be competitive. But were gracious and were humble, and we play the game a certain way, whether we win or lose, Rapinoe told the network. And weve been on the winning side quite a bit, and when we find ourselves on the other side, we need to handle that graciously, and unfortunately that wasnt the case.Sweden ousted the U.S. 4-3 on pennalty kicks following a 1-1 draw in a quarterfinal match. Stanley Johnson Pistons Jersey. Sweden coach Pia Sundhages strategy was to play defensively and try to keep the offensively adept Americans from scoring.The tactic worked, but it angered Solo, the goalkeeper.We had that style of play when Pia was our coach. I dont think theyre going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly, Solo said after the match. But, they won. Theyre moving on. And were going home.Sundhage used the same tactic in a semifinal match against Brazil, again advancing 4-3 on penalties after a scoreless draw. Sweden plays Germany on Friday in the gold-medal match at the Maracana Stadium in Rio. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '